At Jefferson Animal Clinic we are proud to offer Companion Laser Therapy. Laser therapy provides a non-invasive, pain-free, surgery-free, drug-free treatment which is used to treat a variety of conditions and can be performed in conjunction with existing
medical treatments and protocols. Relief and/or improvement is often noticed within hours depending on the condition and your pet’s response. Whether your pet is rehabilitating from trauma or injury, healing from wounds, or simply aging, your companion can benefit from this innovative approach to treating pain.
How does it work?
Laser therapy stimulates the body to heal from within. Non-thermal photons of light are administered to the body for a given amount of time and absorbed by the injured cells. The cells are then stimulated and respond with a higher rate of metabolism. This results in relief from pain, increased circulation, reduced inflammation and an acceleration of the healing process.
Applications for laser therapy include:
- Treatment of arthritis, degenerative joint disease, or hip dysplasia
- General pain management (sprains, strains, and stiffness)
- Post-surgery pain (spays, neuters, and other surgeries)
- Skin problems (hot spots, lick granulomas, infections)
- Dental procedures
- Fractures and wounds (bites, abrasions, and lesions)
- Ear infections
What are the signs that my pet can benefit from laser therapy?
- Abnormal sitting or lying posture
- Circling multiple times before lying down
- Whining, groaning or other vocalizations
- Limping, unable to get up or lie down
- Difficulty getting into a car or up/down stairs
- Lack of grooming
- Won’t wag tail
- Licking or biting area
- Lack of appetite
For more information, you can visit Companion Laser Therapy.